Vice-Rector for Research, Teaching and IT-Development
Kukharskyy Vitaliy Mykhailovych
Tel.: (+38 032) 239-40-40, 239-40-43
The Vice-Rector for Research, Teaching and IT-Development is in charge of the following activities:
- control over the implementation of decisions taken by public authorities responsible for higher education, decrees by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, decisions taken by the Academic Council of the University, Rector’s decrees and decisions taken by the Rectorate;
- introduction of information technology (IT) into teaching, research and administrative work at the University; comprehensive media coverage of the University through its website and social networks;
- preparation and implementation of measures to improve online rankings of the University;
- University staff training in the field of IT;
- quality assurance of the learning process, e-learning and specialist training;
- planning and control over the use of computer facilities in the learning process, administrative work and research; implementation and development of e-learning system, informatisation of students’ individual work;
- development of the software for performing current administrative, educational and organisational tasks;
- automatisation of the University management processes, development and support of information system of the University management;
- functioning and development of telecommunications equipment, as well as wired and wireless network infrastructure;
- implementation and functioning of electronic document flow system;
- University’s database security according to existing requirements;
- working with the Unified State Electronic Database on Education (USEDE), control over entering information into USEDE by the University divisions;
- preparation of databases in order to produce diplomas and student identity cards;
- development and information support for the websites of the University, its faculties, colleges and divisions;
- information support for research activities;
- technical and information support for the admissions commission activities;
- activities related to the creation and filling of the University publications repository with content;
- implementation and use of the systems for presenting and publishing online periodicals;
- search and raising funds for the University development projects.
1979-1987 – Eight-Year School in Hriada.
1987-1989 – Secondary School in Zashkiv.
1989-1994 – Ivan Franko State University of Lviv. Faculty of Applied Mathematics. Candidate Degree in Applied Mathematics. Supervisor: Prof. Yarema Savula.
2001 – The Yaroslav Pidstryhach Institute for Applied Problems of Mechanics and Mathematics of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. PhD in Physics and Mathematics. Supervisor: Prof. Yarema Savula. Dissertation topic: Numerical Investigation of Advection-Diffusion Problems in Environments with Thin Heterogeneity (01.05.02 – Mathematical Modelling and Computational Methods).
2006 – Ivan Franko National University of Lviv. Academic title: Senior Research Fellow (01.05.02 – Mathematical Modelling and Computational Methods).
2008 – Ivan Franko National University of Lviv. Academic title: Docent
1994-1995 – Ivan Franko State University of Lviv, Faculty of Applied Mathematics, Engineer at Scientific Research Department.
1995-1997 – Ivan Franko State University of Lviv, Faculty of Applied Mathematics, Junior Research Fellow.
1997-2001 – Ivan Franko National University of Lviv, Head of Information Technology Laboratory.
2001-2009 – Ivan Franko National University of Lviv, Faculty of Applied Mathematics and Information Science, Senior Research Fellow.
2009 – 2014 – Ivan Franko National University of Lviv, Docent at Department of Applied Mathematics.
2014 – Ivan Franko National University of Lviv, Vice-Rector for Research, Teaching and IT-Development
July 2009 – University of Koblenz-Landau, Germany. E-government. Strategic Network Management. Research Methods in Information Systems.
November 2009 – Maria Curie-Skłodowska University, Lublin, Poland. E-Learning Techniques, Methods and Application. Designing E-Learning (Methodology, Authoring Tools, Platforms). E-Learning Solutions. IT Systems for Local Government. Organizational Aspects of E-Learning.
November 2009 – Sumy State University, Ukraine. Methodological Aspects of Distance Learning System operation, Approaches to Development of Electronic Courses. Structure of Electronic Studying Materials, Practical Use of Distant Learning.
April 2010 – Technical University of Kosice, Slovakia. EU E-Government Projects at the Technical University of Kosice. Information Systems at the Technical University of Kosice. Overview of Security Threads. Introduction to DataWarehousing.
July 2010 – University of Koblenz-Landau, Germany. Research Methods in IS. E-Government. Virtual Goods. International Economics.
July 2013 – University of Koblenz-Landau, Germany. Learning Outcomes. Higher Education Policy. University IS. IT in Education. ERP Systems.
July 2014 – University of Koblenz-Landau, Germany. IT in Education. QA: Learning Outcomes for Learning Environment. Information Technology Software and Hardware Tools in Education.
June 2016 – Danube University Krems (Austria). ERP Systems, Information System of University Management, Workflow Automation, Learning Management System, Integrated Library Information Systems
July 2017 – Koblenz-Landau University, Koblenz (Germany). Quality Assurance System in Higher Education
November 2018 – Warszaw University / Jagiellonian University, Warszaw / Krakow (Poland). «Innovation university: communication strategy and cooperation school-university». Communication strategy at Poland universities, external and internal communication; Marketing: experience of Poland universities, different strategy to promote university brand and studying programs, admission company; – Ways to cooperation university and school
April 2019 – Lviv Business School of UCU (LvBS), Lviv (Ukraine). «University management. Leadership programme». University as a system. Leadership in a time of changes. Strategic thinking and marketing. Project management. Create new education programs. Finance for Universities. HR and teamwork.
Computer simulation and numerical analysis of environmental problems, heat-and-mass transfer in heterogeneous environments, finite element method, information technology in education, e-learning, IT project management.
Computer simulation in science and technology, numerical methods of mathematical physics, fundamentals of IT project management, computer systems architecture, computer networks.
Ukrainian and Russian – fluent; English and Polish – good.
A founder and Head of the board of NGO Laboratory of Ideas.
Ukrainian, married, two children. Place of birth: village of Hryada, Zhovkva district, Lviv region. Date of birth: 19 July 1972