Vice-Rector for Research, Teaching, Social Issues and Development
Lozynskyi Maryan Volodymyrovych
Tel.: (+38 032) 239-45-32
The Vice-Rector for Research, Teaching, Social Issues and Development is in charge of the following activities:
- control over the implementation of decisions taken by public authorities responsible for higher education, decrees by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, decisions taken by the Scholarly Council of the University, Rector’s decrees and decisions taken by the Rectorate;
- social protection of the participants of the educational and research process, students and staff of the University;
- planning the social and economic development of the University;
- coordinating the collaboration between the trade union, students’ union and other non-governmental organizations in the framework of the social development of the University;
- managing the social aid fund for students, teachers and staff of the University;
- improving the conditions of studying, work, medical services, recreation, social and professional protection of socially vulnerable categories of students, teachers and staff of the University;
- organizing events related to the implementation of the program for people with special needs;
- planning and coordinating the development of publishing and printing (publication of educational, scientific and methodological literature, reference books and encyclopaedias, fine art editions, journals, newspapers, etc.);
- monitoring the preparation and implementation of plans for the publication of educational and methodological literature;
- organization of university and inter-university sporting events;
- planning and monitoring the property and finance aimed at socio-economic development of the University;
- work of the Publishing Council of the University.
1983 – He graduated from Ivan Franko State University of Lviv, Faculty of Journalism.
1991 – He completed postgraduate studies at Lviv University.
1984-1995 – Lecturer at the Department of Foreign Media and Information.
Since 2005 – Docent at the Department of Theory and Practice of Journalism, Vice-Rector for Research, Teaching, Social Issues and Development.
Journalism, religious media, book publishing. Author of about 30 academic papers.