The Supervisory Council was established according to the Law of Ukraine “On Higher Education” (Art. 37) and University Statute (Art. 6.2). The Supervisory Council contributes to: solving perspective development tasks of the University; attracting financial resources for ensuring its activity direction, development and control over their use; effective interaction of the University with state structures, institutions of local governing, the scientific community, socio-political organizations and business entities for development and quality increase of educational activities and competitiveness of the University; carrying out public control over its activity.
The tasks of the Supervisory Council cover:
- consideration of future development strategies of University;
- promotion of University’s achievements in scientific and educational activities;
- assistance to University’s governance in realisation of state policy in the sphere of higher education and science;
- supervision over the management of the University’s property;
- raising funds to support the University’s activity and monitoring their use;
- ensuring of effective cooperation of the University with state structures, scientific community, sociopolitical and commercial organizations for the University’s development;
- public control over the University’s activity;
- participation in the formation of educational, scientific and financial strategies of the University’s activity and development prospects;
- analysis of activity of the University’s governance concerning the organization of conditions for the professional development of scientific, teaching staff and established scientific schools;
- assistance in creating a modern material and technical base and social infrastructure development of University;
- submission of offers concerning changes in the Statute to the Academic Council of University;
- receiving information concerning property management and implementation of the statute activity of University in accordance with Law and the Statute;
- submission of the proposal concerning the recall of the Rector to the consideration of the Conference on the grounds provided by Law, the Statute and the contract;
- other actions in contribution to the University’s activity.